Sunday, February 3, 2013

Behind The Mic - "Hold On Til' You Feel It"



"Hold On Til' You Feel It"... A song with many references to space, and universal connections... how does a Hip-Hop/Rap song like this even spawn?

When I write music I like to look at it as if I am telling a short story. I don't look at myself as a rapper who writes his music about the streets, or about the money, and fame... I like to write stories that you can escape to...

In this particular story I entered the Sci-Fi realm, entertaining the concept of their being much more to this world than just us... With so many more unexplained phenomenons on Earth, it leaves you with only one answer... intelligence from beyond our dimension! A crazy concept to fathom for some, but with all the facts how do we deny that there is more to this world than just you and I? The line "Life today is just passing by, media, music, and the FBI, all controlling what it is we do, all controlling what it is we knew..." is in reference to the many cover ups by the federal government and the influences the music and media industry has on so much of the world today. I even dabble in the unlikely event that we are able to speak and meet our intelligent dimensional friends, and what it would be like! I put in the actual audio from the moon landing to symbolize our governments reach beyond this world... with a subtle reference to "Dark Side Of The Moon".

I collaborated with ERP Studios out of Greenville, SC on this song for the lead guitar played by Eric Rogers. We wanted to create an impactful sound that TRULY hadn't been captured in the Hip-Hop/Rap world with an actual Rock & Roll sound including a solo and actual percussion while still staying true to the tune with the hip-hop vibe and flow.

I hope you enjoy this Sci-Fi journey, and let your mind escape for a few minutes while you... "Hold On Til' You Feel It"!

-T. Rogers




Click the link below for your FREE MP3 Download:
 
"Hold On Til' Feel It" (Single) - T. Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment